Join us in Portland January 6-7, 2015 for the Cooperative Director Training Course.
About the Course
The 2015 CDI Course includes a Total of 21 Sessions (7 more than the 2014 course)
comprised of General and Multiple Track Presentations( Three Tracks).
Attendees may select sessions based on their interests.The Track I Segment is designed for directors who are first time attendees and/or that haveless than three yearsof CO-OP Board Service. The Track II Segment is designedfor director sthat have attended more than oneof the previous Courses or that have less than five years of CO-OP Board Service and the Track III Segment is designed for Directors that have attended two of the previous courses and/or that have five or more years of CO-OP board Service.
Who Should Attend?
New and seasoned directors who want to increase their understanding of director roles, fiduciary responsibilities, and board best practices. CEOs and managers who want to increase their effectiveness in working with their boards will find the course informative as well.
General (All Attendees)
- Survival of the Cooperative Model
- CO-OP Board Dynamics: Do’s, Don’ts & Lessons Learned and a CEO and Board Panel Discussion
- Talk Show–Key Issues/Concerns in the Boardroom
Track I Segment
- Listening Effectively in Board Meetings
- Understanding and Interpreting Financial Statements (Two Sessions)
- Leadership Responsibilities of the Board of Directors
- What to Expect During a Board Meeting
- Director Legal and Ethical Responsibilities
Track II Segment
- Insurance Coverage and Protecting the Cooperative
- Board and CEO Performance Evaluations
- Dealing with Board Conflicts and Difficult Board Members
- Audit Committees and the Role of the Auditor
- The Role of the Board and Management in Strategic Planning
- Building and Managing CO-OP Equity
Track III Segment
- Employment Law Essentials for the CO-OP Board
- Evaluating Capital Investment Expenditures
- Forecasting Financial Performance
- Executive Compensation
- Succession Planning: The Board’s and Management’s Role
- The Role of the Board Chair
The NWCDC will be facilitating the course on Strategic Planning in Track II. We hope to see you there!