South Sound Worker Co-op Academy
Fire your boss and take ownership of your job!
This 10 week Boot Camp will take you from the “dream stage” to “shovel ready”.
Weekly sessions to learn about cooperative ownership, democratic management, and cooperative economics including:
- Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws
- Feasibility Study
- Business and Marketing Plan
- Governance Models
- Basic Bookkeeping and Equity management
In addition to classroom activities, we provide support through coaching and technical assistance.
For our introductory year, we are waiving tuition costs for this program!
- Class Meet for about 4 hours each Saturday.
- Attendees expected to complete projects outside of class with in-class review.
- Classes begin April 15th and run through June 17th.
Total Enrollment will be limited to either 15 people or 3-teams.
We are looking for teams of people interested in starting a worker-owned and operated business. Requirements for participating:
- At least two people from the team must commit to attend the classroom sessions.
- Your team must have a unified business concept.
- Each member of your team must complete the application below ( or email information from form to Academy Administrator)
Application Deadline is March 17, 2017